How does one start a new blog on travel.Its the start of a new journey , to share my tales ,the travails ,the trails of travels with more people. I have had to undergo a lot of jouneys mainly because I have stayed alone for the major part of my life and would frequently go to my headquarters,my parents place,searching for warmth ,companionship ,conversation,joys of caring and giving. But travels have been few , though not non existent. I already have a blog where I have written on various things in no particular order. Blogging is nothing new but travel blog, is a new path I tread,gingerly at first,hoping to mature and become surefooted later on. It took some time for me to get a name for my blog.the ones that came to my mind readily were all taken by people who have come this way before me ...itchy feet,one step at a time, ...and the rest.
Journey to the grave and other places ....inspired by the death card of Tarot which does not necessarily denote death but a breaking from the past , a renewal a transformation passage, change. I think of each journey as a learning experience ,The Death card indicates this transition from lower to higher to highest. This is a card of humility.
On an E trip to find a name for my blog I came across several places with some great quotes about travel.Here a sprinkler ... some ae my favourites,some require second thought to be put in the category of favorites but all of thm are on target.
“Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness.” – Mark Twain
- “The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page.” – St. Augustine
- “There are no foreign lands. It is the traveler only who is foreign.” – Robert Louis Stevenson
- . “Our battered suitcases were piled on the sidewalk again; we had longer ways to go. But no matter, the road is life.” – Jack Kerouac
- “People travel to faraway places to watch, in fascination, the kind of people they ignore at home.” – Dagobert D. Runes
- “A journey is like marriage. The certain way to be wrong is to think you control it.” – John Steinbeck
- . “No one realizes how beautiful it is to travel until he comes home and rests his head on his old, familiar pillow.” – Lin Yutang
- “Travel is more than the seeing of sights; it is a change that goes on, deep and permanent, in the ideas of living.” – Miriam Beard
- “All journeys have secret destinations of which the traveler is unaware.” – Martin Buber
- “Tourists don’t know where they’ve been, travelers don’t know where they’re going.” – Paul Theroux
- “Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
- . “Two roads diverged in a wood and I – I took the one less traveled by.” – Robert Frost (and now I AM LOST )
- “A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step.” – Lao Tzu
- “A good traveler has no fixed plans and is not intent on arriving.” – Lao Tzu
- “If you reject the food, ignore the customs, fear the religion and avoid the people, you might better stay at home.” – James Michener
- “The journey not the arrival matters.” – T. S. Eliot
- “Not all those who wander are lost.” – J. R. R. Tolkien
- “Like all great travelers, I have seen more than I remember, and remember more than I have seen.” – Benjamin Disraeli
- “When you travel, remember that a foreign country is not designed to make you comfortable. It is designed to make its own people comfortable.” – Clifton Fadiman